Renewables in National Energy and Climate Plans of Visegrad countries. Challenging the low ambition
Visegrad countries are still lacking ambition to bet on renewables but they are no longer a unified block opposing renewable energy and progressive climate policies. The webinar will cover the ambition of the Visegrad countries in increasing the share of renewables in the next decade.
Renewable energy associations from Czechia, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Austria will present their analysis of the final National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs), evaluate the gap between the plans and the renewable energy potential and present recommendations for increasing the share of renewables.
The webinar is organized by the Visegrad+ for Renewable Energy platform and their views will share:
- Dirk Hendricks, secretary general, European Renewable Energies Federation
- Martin Bursík, senior policy advisor, Czech Renewable Energy Chamber
- Irena Gajewska, director, Polish Wind Energy Association
- Ján Karaba, director, Slovak Association of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Industry
- Béla Munkácsy, sustainable energy expert, Energiaklub
- Štěpán Chalupa, chairman, Czech Renewable Energy Chamber
- Johannes Schmidl, Renewable Energy Austria